My Photo
Name:
Location: Salem, Virginia

Follower of Jesus Christ. Full-time wife and mother of two, part-time church secretary. Lover of rubber stamps, ink, paper, and creativity.

Saturday, November 28, 2009

How I stamp

I don't stamp VERY often . . . so don't be surprised if there are several weeks between posts. I recently counted, and it looks like I make about 18 designs a year. I use rubber stamps mostly to create greeting cards. I store my cards in a box with dividers labeled as follows: Men's Birthday, Women's Birthday, Boy's Birthday, Girl's Birthday, Wedding, Anniversary, New Baby, Thanks, Get Well, Sympathy, Thinking of You, Blank Notes, and Holidays. When I stamp it's usually because I'm running low on a particular kind of card. Let's say I'm out of something. I'll look around for some inspiration . . . layouts, color combinations, a particular stamp set that I want to use, etc. Once I come up with a design, I'll stamp between 8-12 cards all the same, saving one to keep in my "book" (a photo album with samples of each of my cards). The rest go in the box under the appropriate category. So there you have it!

1 Comments:

Blogger laurieT said...

I love that you started your own blog. I'm exicited about checking out your ideas!!!!!!!

December 2, 2009 at 5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home