My Photo
Name:
Location: Salem, Virginia

Follower of Jesus Christ. Full-time wife and mother of two, part-time church secretary. Lover of rubber stamps, ink, paper, and creativity.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas gift for a letter-writing college student

One of my daughter's dearest friends, Carol, loves to write cards and letters. When she went away to college, I made her some monogrammed stationery in her favorite color. She really seemed to enjoy it, so I decided to make her another little gift set. This time, instead of using her favorite color, I used her school colors--navy and gray. What looks like DSP is actually just plain white card stock with the initials of her school--UMW--alternating in the school colors. I did this on the computer, and printed it on a color laser printer. I also used the computer to make the words, "A NOTE FROM . . . " Sometimes a conglomeration of ideas comes together to make one good element, and this homemade DSP is a fine example. About three years ago I saw a card on a blog that had a Bible verse repeated to make a background. Around the same time, my son had a teacher who was an avid Virginia Tech fan. I needed to come up with a nice Christmas gift for her and figured a teacher can always use thank you notes! Right? So I made some VT DSP and made her a set of 20 thank you notes. I'm recycling the general idea and adapting it to Chloe's friend, Carol. I hope she likes it! CARD STOCK: Whisper White, Night of Navy and Going Gray (retired, not shown--I made some in Night of Navy and some in Going Gray). PUNCHES: Large Oval and Scallop Oval.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home