My Photo
Name:
Location: Salem, Virginia

Follower of Jesus Christ. Full-time wife and mother of two, part-time church secretary. Lover of rubber stamps, ink, paper, and creativity.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My Stampin' Space: Introduction

I had my Stampin' Space all cleaned up and ready for my next project, so I thought I'd give you the nickle tour while it was presentable! A few years ago my dear husband, Mark, finished what was once a dark, dreary, cobwebby, cinder block and 2X4-walled, concrete-floored part of the basement that housed my laundry area and make-shift Stampin' Space. The result is what I'm about to show you here! I'm proud of the job my DH did, and really pleased to have a bright, cheerful, useful area that houses not only my Stampin' Space, but also my laundry area and freezer. Mark finished most of the walls with drywall (painted a yellowish white called "Soft White") and did one wall with white paneling that has a bead-board look. He installed a drop ceiling, fluorescent ceiling lights, and stock cabinetry. The floor is painted with this nifty epoxy stuff that makes it look kind of like old-fashioned linoleum--perfect for a basement floor! Painting the floor was quite the process: etch, rinse, dry, paint, and and finally sprinkle on the flecks. The flecks were like multi-colored paint flakes in a shaker container exactly like what Parmesan cheese comes in! Once the area was ready to go, I hit my local Walmart for the towel bar, towels, clock, and throw rugs. Wonderful! This photo is the view you get when you walk in the door. Future posts will take you clockwise around the room and will give a little more detail. Probably more detail than you want! :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home