My Photo
Name:
Location: Salem, Virginia

Follower of Jesus Christ. Full-time wife and mother of two, part-time church secretary. Lover of rubber stamps, ink, paper, and creativity.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

After Christmas Thank You Notes

I know I'm not the only one who got inspiration from the beautiful card on page 26 of the SU! Holiday Mini Catalog (9/1/09 to 1/4/10). I knew that the snowflake motif would work well for thank you notes after Christmas. I looked up the supply list on the SU! website, printed it off, pulled out all the supplies, and came up with my own interpretation of the card. The thing I really liked about it was the color combination. I wanted to add just a little shimmer, so I used Lumiere for the smallest snowflakes in place of the white rub-ons that were seen in the catty. I shook up the Lumiere, took off the lid, and used a sponge dauber to "ink" the little snowflake stamp. The shimmer doesn't show up very well in the photograph, but in real life it is quite pretty. You may want to click on the picture to get a closer look. CARD STOCK AND PAPER: Kraft, Bella Bleu DSP, Bordering Blue, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White. INK AND PAINT: Versa Mark, Bordering Blue, Chocolate Chip, Lumiere (Light Body Acrylic in 568 Pearl White, pictured with card). STAMPS: The Snowflake Spot, Warmest Regards. PUNCHES: Large Oval, Scallop Oval, Scallop Edge, Corner Rounder (Creative Memories). OTHER: Chocolate Chip Ribbon.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

A big HI from Australia Tammy! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment! I just had to come on over and see what you've been up to and WOW you do beautiful work! I'll be back for sure.....kinda like a stalker - but not the weird type! lol

Luv Karen
x

January 4, 2010 at 12:28 AM  
Blogger Courtney Baker said...

Very pretty! Love all those snow flakes!

January 10, 2010 at 7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home