My Photo
Name:
Location: Salem, Virginia

Follower of Jesus Christ. Full-time wife and mother of two, part-time church secretary. Lover of rubber stamps, ink, paper, and creativity.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

My Stampin' Space: Punches

There's a little alcove under the stairwell that I use to store punches, papers and gadgets. On the wall I have my punches resting on cafe curtain rods. These rods are expandable from 24-40 inches or something like that, but I have them at the shortest length so that they won't sag under the weight of the punches. This was pretty easy to do--I actually did it myself! Where the screws needed to go to mount the brackets I tapped holes with an awl. I tapped drywall anchors into the holes using a hammer, then mounted the brackets using the provided screws. I mounted the rods about 6 inches apart. I have the punches loosely categorized by shape--circles, squares, ovals, and so on--so they are easier to find. I'm learning that storing things vertically instead of horizontally--especially using once-empty wall space--tends to be very efficient! All the black punches were purchased from Stampin' Up! The white and pastel green border punches are by Martha Stewart and were purchased at Micheal's and Walmart. PS: you can click on any picture to look at it "close up". :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Well, our blog titles are indeed very close. Too funny! Love your stamping space! Welcome to the blogosphere, Tammy!

December 31, 2009 at 9:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love your stampin' space! I'm making my shopping list now so I can improve mine. Cafe rods, check! How and where are you storing the new flat punches?

June 18, 2010 at 6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home