My Photo
Name:
Location: Salem, Virginia

Follower of Jesus Christ. Full-time wife and mother of two, part-time church secretary. Lover of rubber stamps, ink, paper, and creativity.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bella Birds/Asian Artistry Women's Birthday Card

Being snowed in for a couple days has given me the opportunity to increase my card stash! It also made me want to use some pretty spring-like colors, so I turned to SU!'s pretty DSP, Bella Birds. I'm not a big fan of the whole 'In Color' idea, primarily because I'm not into spending money on something that will be obsolete in just one year. So . . . I will frequently make do with a color that I already own if it is close enough to suit me. This card is an example of that. The Bella Birds DSP uses Pink Pirouette, which I believe was an In Color last year. Here I have used Blush Blossom card stock because it is close enough, at least for this application. I took my cues from the paper and decided to choose an Asian stamp. In keeping with the Asian theme, I kept the card very simple. The layout is inspired by FTL 70 on the Clean & Simple Stamping blog (http://cleanandsimplestamping.blogspot.com/2009/11/ftl-70.html). The only change I made was turning it vertically instead of horizontally.
PAPER: Blush Blossom, Whisper White, Bordering Blue, Bella Birds DSP. INK: Bordering Blue, Night of Navy. STAMPS: Asian Artistry, Well Scripted. OTHER: Navy Sheer Creations Ribbon (from Michael's).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home