My Photo
Name:
Location: Salem, Virginia

Follower of Jesus Christ. Full-time wife and mother of two, part-time church secretary. Lover of rubber stamps, ink, paper, and creativity.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Reeds at Sunset

I knew I needed a men's birthday card, and that I wanted to use the stamp set "Inspired by Nature". Not knowing exactly what I wanted to do, I turned to Splitcoaststampers.com for inspiration. I saw a really pretty card (link at the end of this post) that I used for my inspiration. The background on this card was made using a sponge and 5 colors--Really Rust, More Mustard, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, and Old Olive--blended together to achieve a sunset effect. The card that inspired me used the "Brayered Sky" technique, but I am brayer-challenged, so I resorted to a regular kitchen sponge dampened with water, and squeezed out really well. I began about an inch from the bottom with Certainly Celery, and added some Old Olive at the bottom. Then I moved up right above the Certainly Celery and added the So Saffron, More Mustard and Really Rust. CARD: So Saffron, Really Rust, Whisper White. INK: Really Rust, More Mustard, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Black Staz-On. STAMPS: Inspired by Nature, On Your Birthday. PUNCH: Key Tag. Card used for inspiration: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1702162?&cat=14651

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home